Your Appointment Book is Your Creed…
What You Believe In You Have Time For
Do you know what your priorities are? Look at your appointment book, aka I-Pod, Blackberry, Day-Timer. The constant scribbles in the lines are your priorities. Most of the time the slots between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. are going to be work-related appointments.
What about the evening hours…
- Do you attend your child’s school or sports functions?
- Do you participate in civic functions?
- Do you have dinner with family or friends occasionally?
- Do you have sit-down family meals together with children?
- Do you assist children with homework?
- Do you schedule some quiet devotional time by yourself?
- Do you have an exercise program?
- Do you schedule “reading” into your evening?
- Do you receive adequate rest and sleep?
- Do you ever stop working?
What about the weekends…
- Do you enjoy some recreational time?
- Do you get outside for some sunshine and fresh air?
- Do you build in time for spiritual or religious growth?
- Do you have time to just relax?
- Do you have newspaper and coffee time with your spouse?
- Do you have a “date night” with your spouse or significant other?
- Do you build in time to regularly check in with or visit your extended family?
- Do you schedule special time with the kids?
- Are you hooked into the office all weekend?
What about lunch hours…
- Do you allow for some downtime during lunch?
- Do you have dental or doctor’s visits during lunch?
- You do EAT lunch, don’t you?
- Do you eat at your desk and not stop working?
Remember, your appointment book is your creed. You MUST make time for what you truly value and believe in. If you don’t, who will?