What is Your Resilience Factor? Adversity Beware…Resilience is one’s ability to bounce back after adversity. One cannot go through life with experiencing tragedy, adversity, stress, illness, loss, and pain. Resilience means having the capacity to cope and adapt in a positive manner to otherwise negative events. Almost every major study on the importance of resiliency points out that positive and loving relationships are one of the most important factors of minimizing the negative effects of stress, tragedy, and adversity. So…what are the top 10 ways to build your resilience?
Top Ten Ways to Build Your Resilience
- Strong and positive relationships with family, friends, and community
- Laughter and humor
- Strong sense of purpose and meaning
- Spirituality and faith
- Look for and expect positive outcomes
- Take care of yourself physically, emotionally, spiritually BEFORE life throws you a curveball (during and after, as well)
- Make getting out of your comfort zone a priority…even if it is just on small things
- Celebrate accomplishments
- Know how to remain centered through prayer, meditation, tai chi, etc.
- Take small steps every day toward the direction that you have set
“Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
The following two tabs change content below.