Ways for Embracing Change
Change is difficult even for people who enjoy change. Many change initiatives fail because education and buy-in are not in place.
Ways to get others to embrace change:
- Show them the “why” before the “how”
- Use persuasion instead of force
- Speak their language. Use words and terms that speak to their specific style
- Speak to their auditory/visual style (pictures, text, conversations)
- Show them what’s in it for them (WIIFM)
- Engage them in the process
- Always be honest
Ways to nurture “self” when faced with change:
- Accept change as a part of life
- Build simple changes into your life
- Develop and nurture support relationships in your life (both work and home)
- Live a balanced life to offset the negative impact of sudden change
- Change your thinking
Either we manage change or it will manage us.
”Change is good, you go first.”
The following two tabs change content below.