Using Emotional Intelligence to Push Your Comfort Zone
Additional sub-qualities of Emotional Intelligence…
Subtle Changes for Personal ImprovementWe have reviewed in past posts the basic components of EQ. There are five primarily accepted components of Emotional Intelligence, although some models use only four components. As review they are:
- Empathy (left out of some models)
- Social Skills
- Self- Confidence
- Self-Control (a smaller component of self-regulation)
- Empathy (if not used as a main component)
Ways to push out of the comfort zone:
- Think creatively. Take creative risks. Color “off the page”.
- Allow yourself (and others) to make mistakes.
- Explore new territories. Drive a new way to work. Take an “off-beat” vacation.
- Fall, dust yourself off, and get up!
- Find humor, smile often, and laugh out loud!
- Connect emotionally to others.
- Practice empathy if it does not come naturally for you.
- Champion moments of silence.
- Live authentically!
The following two tabs change content below.