UNPLUGGED and UNWIREDDo we really think we can multi-task? Studies are now showing that it is not as effective as we once thought. Yes, there are things we can accomplish by multi-tasking, but they must be very mundane things. You might listen to a training recording while opening and sorting junk mail. But if either task requires your undivided attention to complete, no multi-tasking allowed. What you can do to accomplish more:
- Plan your work and work your plan.
- Organize your projects and work according to the time of day you are more energetic, focused, creative, or reflective. Then plan your work accordingly.
- Set your priorities. Know what’s urgent, important, necessary, or not.
- Take care of your mind by taking care of your body. Eat, rest, play, and love.
- Get up early enough to not be rushed. Get to the office early enough to organize your day ahead of “situations”. Have your desk organized tonight for tomorrow’s schedule.
- Set realistic goals and expectations.
The following two tabs change content below.