Top Five Reasons Goals Fail
As the new year approached, I pulled out my list of goals from the previous year and began my review of goal achievement. My question to you is – How Did You Do in Achieving Goals?
As I reviewed what I had done in goal achievement, I reflected on the number of reasons people have told me they did not achieve their goals. The list is short, yet, the variations are long and unique to each individual – so here are the top five reasons goals fail…
Top Five Reason Goals Fail
- No Written Goals – Seems a large number of people either have no goals or fail to write them down – anywhere. The lack of performing this simple exercise will cost in goal achievement.
- Give Up – The number one reason new year resolutions fail is people give up – usually during the first week. This tells us about the instant gratification syndrome hovering over our population today.
- Unbelievable – This is important and is the main influence on point number two. If you have no belief that you can accomplish something – well, you’re right – see my previous post on “Commitment is Meaningless without Belief.” This is a case that shows the power of the subconscious mind and the law of subconscious activity in action.
- Lack of Focus – To accomplish a goal, setting the goal is only the first step and most people stop at the setting of a goal. The key is to stay focused and write an action plan to accomplish the goal. Use a smart goals system or the 12 Step Method we teach in the Phoenix Seminar.
- Deadline Issue – This one is interesting due to two factors leading to failure of goals. The first is no deadline with the lack of positive stress to push a person to complete the goal by a specific time. The second is a deadline that is too soon for the amount of things to be done to accomplish the goal. The second version is usually due to a lack of understanding of the process necessary to complete a goal or objective.
Latest posts by Voss Graham (see all)
- Stop Wasting Money on Marketing! - July 10, 2017
- Which Are You Providing – Clarity or Confusion? - November 10, 2016
- Talent Reality Business Simulation introduction video - June 27, 2016
- How to Gain Experience without costing your company - June 22, 2016
- Success is as Easy as 1-2-3 - January 1, 2016