The Importance of Building Trust
“To be trusted is a greater compliment than to be loved.”
– Lao Tzu
Trust is the foundation of all great relationships, whether personal or professional. Many people have a keen awareness of how another person feels, so if your words, actions, or energy says that you don’t trust them, it is likely they will not trust you.
There are effective ways to build trust into your relationships. This starts with YOU!
Building Trust Tips…
- Say what you mean and mean what you say
- Always keep your word
- When situations change, renegotiate your agreement
- Show consistency in your actions
- Be transparent when possible
- Practice LISTENING*. Practice, Practice, Practice!
* Note: Listening is one of the most important active traits of trust. Trust can only be established if the ears and mind are engaged together. Remember… Conversation is a relationship in which both (or all) parties must actively participate.
Let us help with your leadership needs. Please call 901-757-4434 for more information on our classes.