Terms of Endearment…er, I mean Rules of EngagementWe have looked at the top ten ways in which to dis-engage workers. Today let’s look at the Top Ten Ways to Engage Your Workforce! As stated earlier, employee engagement begins at the top of the organization. Once a company removes the barriers to employee engagement, the fun and productivity begins! Top 10 Way to Engage Your Workforce
- Make sure your top leaders “walk the talk” on engagement
- Communicate openly, often, and in a positive manner
- Focus on soft-skills training
- Map out the company’s vision and mission statement. Make sure you refer to these in everything you do. Communicate, speak to, and train to the vision and mission regularly.
- Praise in public, correct performance in private
- “Catch” people doing things RIGHT
- Encourage teamwork. There is no “I” in TEAM.
- Break down “silo” departments. Everyone should be working toward a common mission.
- Be open to new ideas
- Make sure non-performance and bad performance are addressed. Strive for A-Players on your teams. A-Players are demotivated by C-Players.
The following two tabs change content below.