Ten Steps to Overcome Procrastination
or… How to Take Control your Life Again
What are the benefits to overcoming procrastination?
To name a few…
- Better relationships
- Personal relief from guilt and grief
- Greater peace of mind
- Greater feelings of competence
- Higher productivity
- Freedom of time for what is truly important
- Greater rest and relaxation
- Improved sleep and general health
So, curious as to the 1o steps to take? Here they are…
Ten Steps to Overcome Procrastination:
- Let go of perfectionism!
- Establish the priorities of your life. Write them down and refer to them often.
- Think about why you delay certain tasks. Then list them and resolve to let go of procrastination.
- Break all tasks down into manageable steps.
- Write down your plan.
- Plan your work and work your plan.
- Engage a career coach or executive coach.
- Decide what planner or action-plan outline works for you.
- Then use it!
- Decide the time of day as well as “place and environment” where you are most productive. Work your schedule to blend and capitalize on the times and places most conducive to your productivity.
The following two tabs change content below.