T.E.A.M.S. Uncovers What Makes Your Teams Successful or Not
Ran across another Dysfunctional Team last week and since books have been written about this topic, I thought you might want to know about how to uncover just what makes a team great, poor or average. The interesting thing about this process is when you ask the team using an assessment or interviews, they will tell you what’s going on, what’s causing any issues and why they are doing well.
Team members know the answers to these questions, managers and leaders just need to take the time to ask them for the facts. They are ready, willing and wanting to share with everyone the details of the team performance.
While there are several methods to uncover information about any team, department, division, group or in the case of a small company – the whole company. So what does this assessment called T.E.A.M.S. measure?
- Leadership – Addresses how the team leader functions to support and facilitate all aspects of the team process and the specific elements of team functioning.
- Work Management Skills – How the team determines and manages the specific tasks and resources related to its mission.
- Group Processes – Areas related to group processes such as participation, meeting management, learning, creativity and many other items.
- Relationships – Feelings, attitudes and behaviors that most reflect the team’s interpersonal relationships.
Each category actually looks at 13 to 21 factors in each category, which has the effect of drilling down into the details and clues for what is working and what needs improvement. Management teams have used this tool as a benchmarking process for identifying the areas of the company that are working or not working well, assigns priorities for future improvement and allows for hard measurement of the progress being made at all levels of the company or teams.
If you need to identify areas of your organizational that need attention, then this is the assessment tool for you. You can find PDF samples at our InnerActiveAssessments.com website for viewing or downloading. Look for T.E.A.M.S. on the corporate focus page and select from three types of reports for your review.
Then contact us and we will discuss the best methods and practices for uncovering the issues you are concerned about and how to get objective information and data to support a ROI on your project. Call us at 901-757-4434 and ask for Voss Graham.
Latest posts by Voss Graham (see all)
- Stop Wasting Money on Marketing! - July 10, 2017
- Which Are You Providing – Clarity or Confusion? - November 10, 2016
- Talent Reality Business Simulation introduction video - June 27, 2016
- How to Gain Experience without costing your company - June 22, 2016
- Success is as Easy as 1-2-3 - January 1, 2016