We have more control over our lives than we think we do. We have all heard that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. And the squeaky wheel is usually the loudest and the most toxic. Whew… and the squeaky wheel will surely drain your energy!
Inside our lives reside a variety of people. Some of these people are a joy to be around and some are simply… well… toxic. It is up to us to assess the amount of time we spend with people and gauge the quality of these relationships. We do have more power to choose our relationships than we realize. Sometimes it does mean leaving a relationship or even a job. But more often it means setting boundaries.
Many people think they are indispensable. Most people are not! The workforce of today and tomorrow requires skill sets and mind sets that will be instrumental to personal and business success.
Here are 16 creative ways to make you indispensable. If not to your current employer, to someone else who is looking for new talent.
1. Never stop learning!
2. Ability to get along with a broad range of personality types
3. Teach others by sharing your knowledge
4. Speak only in positive terms
5. Build coalitions
6. Raise your Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
7. Volunteer to assist others
8. Communicate effectively, timely, and in a positive manner
9. Look for the good in others
10. Lose the bad moods… or at least have them privately
11. Have a smile in your voice
12. NO WHINING!
13. Offer a hand, a shoulder, a solution
14. Take the initiative
15. Be aware of positive branding
16. Know your brand and make sure others know it too
A good personal coach can help you bring out your talents. Let us help facilitate that process. For more information on our personal coaching program call us at 901-757-4434 or 1-800-452-4036.
We see so much written on how to be a good leader. Let’s look at the flip side of the equation and see what qualities make the top of the lists for winning the Worst Leader Award.
… Next Steps
Do you feel that your career has stalled? Maybe it even feels as though you are moving in reverse. You might be unemployed and cannot seem to get past sending resumes … with little or no results. Perhaps you feel “underemployed” in your current job.
Even in the most positive business environments … careers stall and interviews are not granted. This becomes even more discouraging in an economic downturn. Many times through the help of a career coach or executive coach, passion for your job or career search can be reignited.
What one job do Executive Coaches perform that their clients feel bring them the most value? Accountability!
Executives and business owners lead very busy lives on many levels. There are business, social, civic, as well as family responsibilities that keep them constantly on the run.
Doesn’t it seem that some people appear to have more time than others? Or maybe they just use their time more wisely. Either way, we all have the same 24 hours in each day, of which, we are only awake and active 18 hours or less.
An Executive Coach will:
- Teach you how to move from inertia to action
- Make sure you have specific, meaningful, and targeted goals
- Ask you about the deadlines and timeframes for these goals
- Hold you accountable for reviewing, revising, and reaching goals
- Teach you how to move from inertia to action to accountability
Let us help get you or your management team focused on winning results. Let us help you reach and celebrate success! Call 901-757-4434.