Six Obstacles to Your Success
Recently, I was reviewing some old notes from different sources regarding success and failure. It became obvious there were six core issue or obstacles preventing people from reaching their goals in life. After reviewing the list I felt it may be of interest to our readers.
So here are the six obstacles to your success…
- Ill Health – At first glance you may want to say that this obstacle is not controllable by anyone. And, there are some examples that are outside of an individuals control. However, there are numerous illnesses are caused by things we do have control over – such as smoking, drinking to excess, being grossly over weight, lack of exercise to keep us fit, and controlling the amount of sugar based foods we eat. If our goal is to be successful, then we must first take care of our bodies to have the energy and drive to be successful.
- Fear or Worry – This emotional based issue create undue levels of stress. The interesting fact regarding fear and worry is that the basis of the fear or worry is often totally outside our control. Studies have been conducted to determine if what people are worrying about is valid. Only 4% of issues are truly troublesome. Focus upon what you can control, minimize the possibility of negative things occurring by focusing upon what you can control and then do something about it. Elimination of fear is to take action immediately to overcome what the fear is based upon.
- Indecision or Doubt – Now this one is interesting. Some people are naturally decisive and take action at once. Others take their time about making a decision. The people who cannot make a decision are the ones who create stress for themselves. The key here to make a decision and move forward. The second issue is when people make a decision and then have doubt about the quality of their decision. Here the experts say – once you make a decision, never look back, keep moving forward and implementing your choice to the best of your ability. You can review the results of the decision and determine if there were better methods of execution or minor adjustments that could have been made. This is called gaining experience and expertise. Remember – no one is perfect, yet, Vincent Lombardi stated that perfect practice makes perfect execution.
- Frustration and discouragement – These evil voices hang out in the back of a person’s mind. The key is to tune them out, change the channel, substitute for a more positive voice of encouragement and passion. Remember, frustration drains your energy levels faster than any other emotion and left unchecked will lead to depression. Focus upon areas of excitement and passion which keeps your energy levels at natural highs – no drugs needed.
- Poverty and Want – These issues are related, yet, have different causes. Poverty is a total lack of financial freedom. This issue has been debated by politicians and experts for many decades regarding what causes poverty. Simply put, it is the lack of income which reduces a person’s ability to be financially independent. By focusing upon your passion and gaining the knowledge to execute your passion in the market, one will leave the poverty zone. Now the “Want” issue is a different issue and is usually based upon some need to keep up with others. One of the keys to maturity is to recognize that material possessions are just that – material possessions. Determine what is needed for your success and compare to your abilities and set believable and stretch goals or rewards for your performance. The key is to over ride any feeling of envy regarding what others have and stay true to yourself and your goals. Watch out for instant gratification and debt.
- Negative Emotions – Here are the relationship killers as well as the sources for emotional instability. Envy, greed, jealousy, anger and hate are the biggest of negative emotions. The causes of the negative emotions are two factors – personal identification with being a victim and justification of feelings. The only way to eliminate or control negative emotions is to take complete and total responsibility for your actions and thoughts. When a person takes responsibility for their actions and thoughts, they no longer have time or energy to identify with a negative emotion or to justify negative actions or thoughts. The world becomes a better place for a person who practices the ABILITY to RESPOND to negative situations in a positive manner.
There you have the six major obstacles to success. Review each one and note the anecdotes for each one. If you are having any difficulties in life, check the list, determine which obstacle is in play and use the anecdote to the condition and create a new and better future.
Latest posts by Voss Graham (see all)
- Stop Wasting Money on Marketing! - July 10, 2017
- Which Are You Providing – Clarity or Confusion? - November 10, 2016
- Talent Reality Business Simulation introduction video - June 27, 2016
- How to Gain Experience without costing your company - June 22, 2016
- Success is as Easy as 1-2-3 - January 1, 2016