Selling is All about Effective Communication
Yes, selling is all about effective communication. Just ask any sales person who has failed to say the right things or said the wrong things to a customer or prospect. Delivering the right message that the customer can understand is the goal of effective communication.
Sell to people the way they want to buy.
People want to buy solutions to their issues or problems, yet, few sales people take the time to learn how to recognize this key. They go into presentation style – using their style only – and then are amazed that the customer or prospect is not signing up. The reason again, people want to buy they do not want to be sold.
What does this mean to the effective sales person?
It means they learn how to recognize the style and traits of the customer or prospect and flex to their style or traits. An example: if the customer or prospect is detailed oriented, deliberate in their use of words, use few or little gestures and listens with a critical ear – then the sales person slows down, chooses their words accurately, uses few if any gestures and speaks in a methodical method. Then rapport is being built – because the sales person is delivering information in the form that the customer or prospect can understand.
This is not rocket science, yet, often I observe sales person missing Huge opportunities due to a lack of understanding of selling with style. Being able to flex to the traits of others in order to gain rapport and trust. It is a simple process if you are willing to learn a few things:
- Know your personal strengths and weaknesses of your personal style.
- Learn how to recognize the other styles than can be used by others.
- Practice the ability of Flexing to Others to gain rapport and trust.
- Learn how to follow up using the right methods and techniques to win the business.
These four steps can be learned in a short time, however, practice is on going since it involves doing things that are not always natural for an individual. If you want to learn more about Flexible Selling, then go our website read about it and sign up for our open one day workshop listed on the website. You will learn to sell to anyone and everyone – the way they want to buy.
Latest posts by Voss Graham (see all)
- How to Create the Future of Your Business - March 7, 2019
- Voss & Robin Graham Discuss InnerActive Consulting Group - March 4, 2019
- Voss Graham interviews Ron Bonnstetter - February 13, 2019
- Hyper Growth is Great for Your Business Success - February 12, 2019
- As a Leader, Sharing Clarity or Confusion? - February 10, 2019