Reach Out and Touch Someone
In our fast-paced electronic world, things come at us pretty fast. Most people are too busy to read every email (or any email) in-depth. Most mailers received at home and at work look like junk mail and go straight in to File 13.
So how do you make a difference for someone in this fast-paced environment? Make sure you are really “touching” people. No, not necessarily in the physical sense, but in an emotionally rewarding way.
Some ways to enrich the lives of others…
- Volunteer at your local literacy council
- Volunteer at your local chamber
- Serve as a docent at the local museum, gallery, or theatre
- Donate used goods to local charities
- Read to students at a local elementary school
- Mentor a college student interested in business
- Mentor a younger worker
- Buy local; support local businesses
- Make sure your life speaks to your values
Go ahead… reach out and touch someone. Make it a lasting effect!