O in Breakthrough equals Optimistic
This the ninth part of the twelve part series on learning how to Breakthrough to the Next Level.
O in Breakthrough equals Optimistic
While there a large group who feels the O stands for Oprah or the Oprah Effect for business people (the Oprah Effect is the explosion of business after Oprah says good things about your product or service), I felt Optimistic was a better overall word and more meaningful for every breakthrough in your life.
Optimism seems to be one of the hardest things for people to understand regarding its value to your end results. Yes, I have heard optimism referred to with various disclaimers such as… Blue sky thinkers, looking through Rose colored glasses, drinking the x cool aid, it is not realistic, no way that will work, no one will help you do that, it didn’t work before why do you think it will work now, etc., etc., etc.
Okay, let’s discuss how and why optimism does work…
- Positive Energy – Let’s start with an easy one. Optimism drives a positive energy to achieve something. Research has proven this little known fact. The positive energy effect actually allows the brain to produce enzymes that produce higher levels of natural energy.
- Solution Oriented – Let’s face the facts. People who dwell upon the problems actually make the problem bigger than it actually is in reality. The key to your successful outcome is to remind focused upon discovering the solution to the problem. Having an orientation to overcoming a problem is usually half the battle. The other half is actually executing the solution.
- Higher Upside – Now I found this really interesting. Some significant research into performance and excellence in performance lead to some interesting conclusions regarding the trait of optimism. It seems that people who possess high degrees of optimism, actually have more up side than their pessimistic counterparts. The research indicted that people who demonstrated high levels of optimism actually registered higher levels of success and results in several fields of business and academics.
- Happiness Factor – Okay, now this seems a stretch, yet, optimistic people tend to be happier than pessimistic people. While it is hard to assign a hard fact to this one, it is simple to relate to perceptions. Since perceptions become people’s realities, then this is the tie breaker between optimism and pessimism. If a person is perceived to be sullen, negative and distrustful – then others who are successful, tend to distance themselves from the pessimistic person while seeking out the optimistic person. Interesting observation that others have mentioned and I have seen over the years.
- Endless Possibilities – You know I had to share this factor – because it is true! Optimistic people seem to have an endless supply of new ideas for breakthrough in any area of life and business. I have been amazed by the shear number of ideas that some people can create – at any moment in time. I have known people at the top of their organizations, who are creating new opportunities for their organizations due to their endless supply of possibilities. This “can-do” attitude becomes contagious throughout their organizations. The only thing that can stand in their way, is how to execute so many new initiatives if resources are limited. And, even with that limitation, I have seen people present solutions to the execution issue. Join the ranks of the endless possibilities team by using your natural in-born optimism.
Those are the big five reasons for optimistic people having more breakthroughs than others. While optimism is influenced heavily by your behavioral style, you still have the choice of which attitude do you embrace? Your choices will influence your habits and your habits will control your actions and statements to others. Yet, you can be optimistic if you choose.
Make the choice to be more optimistic. Look for solutions to problems and possibilities for new opportunities. You can have anything that you focus upon with both actions and desire. If you feel that you have some deep seated belief that is holding you back from achieving an optimistic state, then call our office and talk to Robin. She can help you to reset the old programs in the mind so you can achieve your goals in life.
Latest posts by Voss Graham (see all)
- Stop Wasting Money on Marketing! - July 10, 2017
- Which Are You Providing – Clarity or Confusion? - November 10, 2016
- Talent Reality Business Simulation introduction video - June 27, 2016
- How to Gain Experience without costing your company - June 22, 2016
- Success is as Easy as 1-2-3 - January 1, 2016
Tags: Endless Opportunities, higher upside, How to Breakthrough to the next level, O equals optimistic, Oprah, Oprah Effect, Optimism, Pessimistic, positive energy, problem oriented, Solution oriented, Voss Graham
Voss Graham is an Organizational Architect with 30+ years of experience designing sustainable business growth for organizations of all sizes.
Creating the Strategic Focus with the Executive Leadership Teams, he uses Systems & Process to ensure the Drivers for Business Growth are Executed at the Highest Levels. Voss is available as a Speaker for your conferences or company meetings – contact him at 901-757-4434 or use the LinkedIn or Facebook direct messages.