More on Laughter… It’s just a Darned Good Thing!
Interesting “laughter facts” compiled by Ball Memorial Hospital in Muncie, Indiana
- One good belly laugh burns off 3.5 calories
- 15 seconds of laughter adds 2 days to your life span
- University of Chicago studies show a great sense of humor can add 8 years to your life
- The Chinese laugh more than any other culture in the world
- A Loma Linda University study showed that laughter causes an endorphin release similar to the “high” that joggers get
- Stanford University studies show a good belly laugh can give you health- boosting benefits equal to 10 minutes on a rowing machine
- It takes 13 muscles to smile, 47 muscles to frown
- People smile only 35% as much as they think they do
Come on people… lighten up!!!
“I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.”
The following two tabs change content below.