Money versus ProsperityToday I received an email asking me a simple question. The email came from one of the generic search engines from only who knows where. But it was such a profound question. The simple question was, “What if you could not be given any more friends, love, money, etc. until you appreciate what you already have?” Wow! Pretty loaded question! But it is a good exercise in gratitude and in realizing what is often surrounding us and what we take for granted. Most often we think money will buy us happiness. So we spend a great part of our lives chasing money. Money is important, please understand that! But let’s look at what money will and will not buy:
- Money will buy you a bed – but not sleep.
- Money will buy you food – but not an appetite.
- Money will buy you medicine – but not health.
- Money will buy you a house – but not a home.
- Money will buy you luxuries – but not happiness.
- Money will buy you an image – but not character.
- Money will buy you “things” – but not gratitude.
The following two tabs change content below.