Lack of Credibility in Business?
Credibility is built. Credibility can be between two people or groups of people. What is your professional BRAND? Your Brand will involve credibility… or lack thereof.
Credibility goes hand-in-hand with trust. Everything that we do in today’s world-both professional and personal- involves a great deal of trust and credibility. Remember… you only have one chance to make a good first impression. And many times that first impression is what establishes credibility- or establishes a “lack of credibility.”
Ways to Build Positive Credibility in Your Professional Brand:
- Have a good mentor
- Be a good mentor
- Always speak the truth
- Make certain you are professionally attired
- Have strong testimonials from well-respected community and business leaders
- Always be prepared
- Do what you say you will do
- Keep your strategy up-to-date
- Be prompt dependable, and reliable
- Walk your talk
- Extend kindness and courtesy to others
- Keep a solid reputation intact
- Read, Read, Read
Additional business preparedness:
- Freshen up your written and verbal communication skills
- Stretch your vocabulary
- When speaking or presenting… know your audience
- Do not get caught up in “paralysis by analysis”
- Plan your work and work your plan
All credibility, all good conscience, all evidence of truth come only from the senses.