Job Assessments: A Great Hiring Tool When ValidatedJob assessments are an important tool in ensuring that you get the right people hired in the right jobs! We have all seen the disastrous results when a bright and energetic person is hired for the wrong job. It’s a mis-match that hurts everyone. We have also likely seen what we “thought” was the right person for the job who simply “interviewed well.” Their skills, values, and behavior did NOT fit the job. YIKES! We have all also seen people—and hopefully have been one ourselves—who have been matched perfectly for the right job in the right company. Bingo! This is a match! Five Guidelines for Effective and Legal Job Assessments:
- Benchmark the job, not the person
- Make sure you use bona fide job skills and duties in benchmarking the job
- Ensure that interview questions are job-related
- Ask the same questions of each candidate
- Make sure hiring or promotional decisions are based on multiple factors, not just the assessment
The following two tabs change content below.