Inner Game of Selling is About Beliefs and Mindsets
The Inner Game of Selling holds the key to a sales person’s real success. What the sales person is thinking about positions as a winner or a loser – depending upon the dominate thoughts. Since your thoughts control the inner game, they set the stage for your ultimate performance – good, bad or indifferent.
So how do beliefs enter into this discussion?
Beliefs are the thoughts that get placed into the subconscious mind. This is important because the experts in human performance have found that the subconscious mind actually controls most of what we do, say (particularly how we say things), word choices and decisions. And, the most alarming thing is – the subconscious mind just follows the orders of your thoughts – without judgment. Therefore, good and bad thoughts are embedded into our subconscious mind. Then words and actions are pushed out as commands with both good and bad results!
The cumulative effect of our beliefs create our mindset about everything – including our abilities as a sales person. I have heard more than once, people in sales state – “I hate sales or I hate selling.” What a mistake. The “I” makes this statement a direct command to the subconscious mind therefore placing real power behind the statement.
If you want to excel in sales (if you are in sales this should be a primary thought) then you must take control of your thoughts, self talk, and concentration of thinking about sales or selling. Make this a commitment to your success.
Now if you have not be paying attention to the quality of your thoughts and you feel that something inside is holding you back from superior performance, you may need some focused attention. There are three things you can do:
- Do Nothing and Hope. Not likely to contribute to your success since you have failed to deal with the issues that sabotage your success. Yet, it is a choice made by many. The thundering herd of so-so sales people hang out here complaining about their lack of success and blaming everything except themselves.
- Attend a workshop on Motivation or Sales. A better choice because you are taking action to improve your methods and results. Some of these workshops or seminars actually help you improve using affirmations and visualization of sales success. These actions create an awareness that assists you in making choices.
- Contact Robin Graham. Yes, my partner is an expert on reprogramming the bad scripts in your subconscious mind. Giving you back the control of choices and actions in your daily performance – your mindset. The process is proven and safe. You discover the limiting beliefs and you choose the ones you want to change. Again, you are in control of which beliefs to work with and leave others in place.
There are two pathways with Robin’s work. The first is personal one on one coaching and application of the principles for improving your performance. She facilitates the methods with you and you choose what areas you want to improve.
The second method is more traditional – attend her workshop for sales people. The process is called “Winning Mindset for Sales.” This workshop teaches you how to apply methods that identify, reprogram or change the source of the belief, and you choose how often and when to use it’s powerfully simple and proven process.
Either way you win. Call or contact Robin Graham at 901-757-4434 and begin your path to the top of sales performance.
Latest posts by Voss Graham (see all)
- How to Create the Future of Your Business - March 7, 2019
- Voss & Robin Graham Discuss InnerActive Consulting Group - March 4, 2019
- Voss Graham interviews Ron Bonnstetter - February 13, 2019
- Hyper Growth is Great for Your Business Success - February 12, 2019
- As a Leader, Sharing Clarity or Confusion? - February 10, 2019