High Value Activities…The Success Habits of ChampionsThe Pareto Principle states that 80% of our success comes from 20% of our activities. Do you know which activities count toward success in your job? If not, it is time to purchase or design a system to start tracking where you spend your valuable time. In business… some High Value Activities Habits might include:
- Knowing your most difficult task and when to handle it
- Setting 3 times a day to check email. Stick to it!
- Writing multiple reports, summaries, blogs when you are on a creative streak
- Train family and friends to respect your office time
- Hire efficiently trained staff to whom you can delegate lower level responsibilities. Then do it!
- Know who you can call (the first call) for trouble-shooting
- Know the A Players in the company and community to call for assistance
- Set a timer if you are researching on the Internet (don’t get lost!!)
- Know who your best customers are
- Treat everyone as your best customer
The following two tabs change content below.