Emotions are Contagious
Are Yours Worth Catching?Have you raised a teenager? If so, YIKES! What about living with a grouchy spouse or working with a grouchy co-worker? If you have experienced any of these, you know first-hand that emotions are contagious! The good news?? Positive emotions are contagious also. Gallup studies of wellbeing, conducted by Harter and Wellbeing author Tom Rath have looked at wellbeing from many angles. In addition to defining the 5 critical areas of wellbeing, they have come up with numbers on the wellbeing barometer:
- 66% of respondents are doing well in at least one of the 5 areas
- Only 7% are thriving in all areas
- If you live with someone who has a thriving wellbeing, you have a 63% chance of also having a thriving wellbeing
- If you live with someone who has a struggling wellbeing, you have a 29% chance of having a struggling wellbeing
- If you live with someone who has a suffering wellbeing, you have a 20% chance of also having a suffering wellbeing
The following two tabs change content below.