Does Your Hiring System Really Work?
Does your hiring system really work for you is a great question. You need to look into the answer.
So what is a hiring system supposed to do for you?
Here is a short list of things your hiring system should do for you…
- Find Superior Performers for Every Job
- Match Talent to Jobs
- Create Long Term Retention
- Provide an On-Boarding System that works
- Show job specific performance developmental processes
- Give Job Specific Behavioral Interview Questions
- AND OPERATE SAFELY WITHIN THE LABOR LAWS
This last part seems to be a bigger issue today than during the past decade. Several selection assessment companies who have claimed job benchmarks have not followed the letter of the law. Some have recently been kicked out of major corporations as their legal teams reviewed the law and the job “benchmarks” used by these assessment companies.
You need to check your assessment company’s process for determined job benchmark standards and high performer status of candidates. The issue is whether a true job benchmark is being created – specifically for each position. The companies in questions were taking an average of top performers across all industries or were benchmarking only top performers with no comparisons data – like the bottom performer group to show the unique differences between the talent traits.
For your hiring system to be safe within the laws – your benchmark must be job specific and then allow each candidate to compare against this true job benchmark. This ensures your system is legal within the labor laws of the US.
A quick commercial for our hiring system and process. First, it operates safely within the laws. Second, our benchmarking process is patented in the US and used worldwide. It is highly validated and tested to provide accurate information regarding the job. In fact, our hiring system actually allows the JOB to TALK and tell us what traits are necessary for the JOB to be successful. Therefore, it avoids the personality contest used by most hiring systems – you know the ones where managers have to use their de-hiring techniques quite often.
If you are interested in learning more about our hiring systems you can call us at 901-757-4434 or go to our Hiring Systems website. And, before you can buy or use our hiring system, we will provide you with an ROI. Making it much easier to justify your investment.
Latest posts by Voss Graham (see all)
- Stop Wasting Money on Marketing! - July 10, 2017
- Which Are You Providing – Clarity or Confusion? - November 10, 2016
- Talent Reality Business Simulation introduction video - June 27, 2016
- How to Gain Experience without costing your company - June 22, 2016
- Success is as Easy as 1-2-3 - January 1, 2016