Do You Think Low EQ Doesn’t Affect Your Workplace?High EQ Workplaces experience high employee engagement. Low EQ Workplaces experience high turnover, burnout, low productivity, and declining sales. Now, read these two sentences again and let it sink in… Say What?? Yes, Low EQ Workplaces can mean big problems to your bottom line! Low EQ Behaviors such as angry outbursts, rude comments, incivility, moodiness, etc. from co-workers and managers lead to stress and burnout as well as anxious work environments. A study of thousands of managers and employees performed by Pearson and Porath found:
- 2/3 of employees said their performance declined
- 4 out of 5 employees lost work time worrying about the unpleasant incident
- 63% wasted time avoiding the low EQ offender
- More than 75% of respondents said that their commitment to their employer had waned
- 12% resigned due to the low EQ behavior
The following two tabs change content below.