B in Breakthrough equals Belief
Today begins the twelve part series on learning how to Breakthrough to the Next Level.
B in Breakthrough equals Belief
Belief is the starting point for every breakthrough in your life. It is this simple – if you believe it will probably happen. If you do not believe, it probably will not happen. No rocket science here, just necessary soft skill that leads directly to hard results.
Let me explain my point about a soft skill leading directly to hard results.One thing I have learned working with people for over four decades is the power of belief. There are many forms of belief from religious belief, to belief in specific ideological situations, to belief in a higher power, to belief in someone special. These are all examples of belief and the power they hold.
Specifically in our work process, we find that beliefs are the center core of all actions and reactions taken by individuals. We have also learned that beliefs are the core element to the level of performance an individual experiences in life. In fact, a performance circle is created through the use of beliefs.
Here is how the process works:
Beliefs are at the core, they create our attitudes about everything in life, our attitudes contribute to our behaviors and behavioral patterns in life and work, these behaviors then deliver our results or performance in life or work. And, the performance or results validates the belief – so life and work goes on and on and on.
This is the reason that most training fails with so many people – there is no work done on the belief structures – which rule how performance will get done. Basically, most training is focused upon the behaviors or changing behaviors without any effort to change or modify beliefs or attitudes. This is a major mistake. What we usually get is a temporary change in performance until pressure and stress move us back to the old methods of behavior.
The only way to change performance and results is to start with beliefs. Now to some of you, this sounds incredible and even stupid. The truth however, is beliefs can and are changed every day and the relative performance or results are changed.
However, beliefs can be difficult to change if you don’t know how. In fact, they can be located in the subconscious level of the mind whereby only specific processes can successfully rewrite the belief. If you are interested in learning more about Beliefs on a personal level go to InnerActive Beliefs or for a more business centered application go to InnerActiveMindset.com.
Here are the beliefs that you must understand to be successful in any breakthrough to the next level.
- Belief in Yourself – You must believe in your own abilities to succeed in life. Everything starts with a strong belief in your ability to get things done – even if is includes others.
- Belief in Others – You want to be successful in life. Interesting, 85% of your ultimate success is linked to getting along with others. It helps if you actually believe that others are willing and able to assist you in achieving your goals and objectives in life.
- Self-limiting Beliefs – oh yes, these are the daggers to your success. Everyone has a few of these troublemakers hanging around, looking for an opportunity to hinder your progress in life. The real problem with these are they can be very old scripts – even childhood experiences – that hinder our performance as adults. The good news is there are methods to uncover and reprogram these beliefs quickly and permanently. Contact us if you want more information on this.
- Beliefs about Anything Rule – This is correct, your beliefs about anything and everything rule the day. If the beliefs are positive then you get positive results. If you have negative belief thoughts then your results will be limited by these thoughts. This is where you develop the “winners edge” in life. Uncover the good and the bad – change what is holding you back – and move forward into your breakthrough.
Take a moment to think and write down what you believe to be true about life, family, and business. Take as much time as you need since you can unlock the inner power of your success and enhance your ability to breakthrough to the next level.
Latest posts by Voss Graham (see all)
- How to Create the Future of Your Business - March 7, 2019
- Voss & Robin Graham Discuss InnerActive Consulting Group - March 4, 2019
- Voss Graham interviews Ron Bonnstetter - February 13, 2019
- Hyper Growth is Great for Your Business Success - February 12, 2019
- As a Leader, Sharing Clarity or Confusion? - February 10, 2019