Are You in a Comfort Zone or a Rut?
How sweet it is to get to a place of comfort and just coast. Really? Is it really sweet? Human beings are goal-oriented creatures. By nature, we need to stretch our minds and our bodies!
This does not mean we are intended to set the world on fire or never rest our minds. We are happier, however, when we are not standing in one place for too long.
Things to ponder…
- How long has it been since you read a non-fiction book
- Have you taken a class since high school, college, or graduate school
- Do you visit the same restaurants over and over again
- Do you hang around with people who are “just like you”
- Do you watch too much dramatic television
- Do you watch the same “talking head” news stories day after day
- Do you talk too much and say too little
- Do you drive the same route to work every day
“The only difference between a rut and a grave is the dimensions.”
– Ellen Glasgow
Think about making small adjustments in your daily routine. You might be surprised what a change of scenery and a little variety will do for your energy level as well as your personal growth. We have certified behavioral analysts on staff. Let us help you with your executive coaching or employee development needs. Give us a call at 901-757-4434 for more information.
Getting You to the Next Level